EVENT NOW IN PROGRESS!
• This event is happening right now. For more information,
click to the event\'s Home Page.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Now in its fifth year, the Modern Hotel and Bar is proud to present 39 Rooms Film Festival, a permanent, revolving showcase for independent short films. 39 Rooms, in conjunction with the Sun Valley Film Festival, gives filmmakers the chance to show their films on a dedicated channel in every room of the Modern Hotel in Boise, Idaho. Selected filmmakers have a year-long, public venue in which to showcase their films. Hotel guests can enjoy the films at their leisure, can comment on the films, choose their favorites and contact the filmmakers for copies. The Modern Hotel informs guests of the films playing in the rooms and provides information on the films and filmmakers. Not only will the films have a year-round presence at the hotel, but selected films may also have the opportunity to be showcased at other venues locally, regionally and nationally, at a future date.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Modern Hotel, in association with the Sun Valley Film Festival, is excited to expand their ever-growing support of the art community by continuing 39 Rooms Film Showcase. Last year we received hundreds of submissions. The film jury selected about a dozen, which now run continuously in our rooms. 39 Rooms provides those who make short films with the rare opportunity to show their film in a manner that sustains momentum. Instead of the usual ‘one time showing’ at a festival, selected films have a year-long presence on a private channel for the guests of the Modern to enjoy. Not stopping there, some films may also be showcased at various venues locally, regionally and nationally. We want to give artists new opportunities for showing their work, and to give the films maximum exposure through this revolving, evolving, sustaining, festival.
Andrew Lawless (Filmmaker); Andrew Lawless (Filmmaker); Bennett Krishock (Programmer); Elizabeth Tullis (Owner); Laura Mehlhaff (Programming Director); Laura Mehlhaff (Programming Director); Robert Tullis; Robert Tullis; Robert Tullis
• All preview copies must be submitted via secure online screener through Withoutabox.com or secure link. NO MAIL SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• Filmmakers are highly encouraged to submit their work from the past 5 years, as well as to craft new pieces specifically for 39 Rooms Film Festival.
• 39 Rooms is a revolving, ever expanding Film Festival; films must be available to play at multiple venues over the course a year.
• While dates are subject to change, films will tentatively receive play from June 2018 through March 2019.
• All selected films will be notified of additional showcase opportunities and their details at a future date.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• The 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any project submitted.
• For purposes of submission, all preview copies must be submitted electronically through Withoutabox.com, or via a secure online screener.
• All submitted materials become the property of the 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival and will not be returned.
• Filmmakers will be notified of additional screening opportunities outside of the Modern Hotel, should their film be accepted.
• By signing this document, you acknowledge the 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival’s right to copy any submitted material, and to utilize your performance and image for the 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival’s non-commercial use.
• This film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by litigation. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival and its Competition, if applicable.
• The 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival will not be held responsible for any inclusion of uncleared materials in your film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright.
• Awards: Should this film win an award for any of the categories listed on this submission form at the 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to receive any awards.
• I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid and understand and agree that neither fees, submission videos, nor materials will be returned whether or not my film is accepted.
• I understand/agree that acceptance of my film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew.
• I understand/agree that the number of screenings, days and venues is at the sole discretion of the 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival.
• I understand/agree that if my film is accepted by 39 Rooms Film Festival/SVFF, its screenings and associated events may be sponsored by Festival partners.
• All information included on this submission application will be utilized in the program guide and the website. Changes will not be made after this date. The 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival will not be responsible for handwritten interpretations or typos.
• The 39 Rooms Film Festival/Sun Valley Film Festival reserves the right to change screening times and locations at their discretion.
• While specific dates are subject to change, films will tentatively receive play from June 2018 through March 2019.