CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|The Arpa "Feature Film" category utilizes the unique power of film to express creativity and expression. Especially when examining all worldwide and international issues relating to diaspora, exile, and multiculturalism.
|The short film competition integrates Arpa's artistic and cultural ideals with a short film's succinctly powerful, dramatic and innovative format.
|An Arpa documentary informs the viewer of important and interesting stories and information surrounded by beautiful imagery and creative editing techniques.
|Arpa Music Video category supports the growing number of music video directors working in film and video today.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
We place a strong emphasis on filmmakers’ unique artistic vision, cultural diversity and social understanding. We make sure to provide the public with unique stories of the human spirit with themes of our rapidly changing universe. Whether it be through features, documentaries, shorts, or music videos, the possibilities are endless in discovering the many avenues these gifted filmmakers take on the playing field of independent cinema. We encourage the public to celebrate their work, their insight and inner creativity.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For the last 19 years Arpa International Film Festival continues to promote independent filmmakers, cultivating cultural understanding and global empathy in the heart of Hollywood. Through the generous support of our donors and sponsors, our yearly film festival event inspires people of all backgrounds and creates opportunities for creative expression. Our dedicated production team is committed to make a difference in fueling the global arena of independent cinema every year.
Our Lifetime Achievement Award went to Isai Morales and our Rising Star Award was conferred to David Dastmalchian.
We thank you for your interest and invite you to submit your film to the Arpa International Film Festival.
-The Arpa International Film Festival Team
Gregor Zupanc (Director of Programming); Maral Kazazian (Marketing); Michael Aloyan (Programmer); Michael Ashjian (Festival Director); Michael Ashjian (Festival Director); Michael Ashjian (Festival Director); Michael Ashjian (Festival Director); Minji Kang (Programmer); Sharon Swainson (Director of Development and Communications); Taylor Gianotas (Programmer); Vanja Srdic (Creative & Technical Director, Film Traffic Manager); Vanja Srdic (Creative & Technical Director, Film Traffic Manager)
1. Arpa International Film Festival accepts films from all countries and in all languages worldwide.
2. If not in English, the film submission must have English subtitles.
3. It is preferred that film has not been gone through formal distribution channels.
4. Please make sure to include your Withoutabox tracking number with your submission.
5. Once your submission has been accepted, you will need to provide:
- basic production info (director, screenwriter, producer, cast),
- high-res still images (1024 x 768 px minimum),
- official trailer open for public viewing (YouTube or Vimeo link only),
- film screening copy (DCP file on USB stick or BluRay disc preferred)
6. Arpa International Film Festival is not responsible for any inbound or outbound shipping of film screening copies. Film supplier is responsible for the costs of shipment to and from the Festival. To avoid additional shipping costs, we strongly advise you to let Arpa International Film Festival keep your screening copy (usb sticks/bluray discs are cheaper than shipping, especially for international filmmakers). If you would still like to have your DCP/BluRay copy back, please provide us with your shipping account info (FedEx, USPS or UPS number). Otherwise, you are always welcome to pick up your screening copy during the Festival at the Egyptian Theatre (October 28-30, 2016) in Hollywood.
7. Arpa International Film Festival reserves the right to retain a copy of the film for use with the festival and all other promotional events affiliated with the festival.
8. Arpa International Film Festival cannot be held liable for print/video materials, which may be lost or damaged.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I have read, understand and have fully complied with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms & Conditions of entry and entry eligibility requirements.
2. This film is not the subject of any litigation or threatened litigation.
3. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the competition.
4. I hold the Arpa International Film Festival harmless and indemnify it from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film. In addition, I agree to hold the Arpa International Film Festival harmless and indemnify it from cost and/or damages incurred as a result from any litigation and or threatened litigation as a result of the screenings of the film.
5. All films not in English must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
6. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival.
7. The Festival retains submission tapes in its film library. Submission tapes will not be returned.
8. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible for any incorrect information.
9. The Arpa International Film Festival reserves the right to change or adjust any and all festival rules, awards and guidelines without notice.
10. Films may not be withdrawn after acceptance into the Festival.
11. Film supplier will be responsible for the cost of shipment to and from the Festival.
12. Unclaimed films and tapes will be discarded one year after the last day of the Festival.
13. By signing this form and submitting this film, I hereby grant the Arpa International Film Festival all necessary right to screen this film and use reasonable parts of the film for purposes of advertising and promotion.
14. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.