OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Feature Narratives are any works over 61 minutes in length.
|Documentary submissions of any length are accepted for consideration. Feature documentaries are 61 minutes or over.
|Short films are films under 60 minutes. However, preference is given to short films under 25 minutes in length for programming purposes.
|Documentary films under 60 minutes.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
INSIDE OUT IS A NOT-FOR-PROFIT REGISTERED CHARITY THAT EXISTS TO CHALLENGE ATTITUDES AND CHANGE LIVES THROUGH THE PROMOTION, PRODUCTION AND EXHIBITION OF FILM AND VIDEO MADE BY AND ABOUT LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL AND TRANS (LGBT) PEOPLE OF ALL AGES, RACES AND ABILITIES.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than two decades, Inside Out has brought Toronto's LGBT community together in celebration of the best queer film from Canada and around the world. Through our annual Festivals in Toronto and Ottawa, our filmmaker initiatives, our youth engagement and our year-round events and screenings, Inside Out is engaged every day in challenging attitudes and changing lives.
TORONTO LGBT FILM FESTIVAL
In 1991, Inside Out celebrated its first film and video festival with a small community of people who yearned to see film and video created by and about lesbians, gays, bisexuals and trans (LGBT) people. Currently the largest event of its kind in Canada, the Festival entertains film buffs of all stripes, showcasing the best and most diverse work of interest to LGBT communities. Taking place over 11 days, the Festival draws crowds of 35,000 to screenings, artist talks, panel discussions, installations and parties that highlight more than 180 films and videos from Canada and around the world. Since 2009, RBC Royal Bank has served as the Presenting Sponsor of the Toronto Festival.
OTTAWA LGBT FILM FESTIVAL
Since 2007, Inside Out has produced a four-day festival in the Ottawa- Gatineau region. With the support of Presenting Sponsor RBC Royal Bank, the Ottawa Festival showcases the best queer cinema from Canada and around the world. The event has received a warm welcome from the queer community in the region, building partnerships with local businesses and LGBT organizations and experiencing healthy growth in attendance each year.
Andrew Murphy (Director of Programming)
1. Only secure online screeners will be accepted for preview. If you wish to submit in any other format, please email email@example.com for approval.
2. If permitted to submit, DVDs must be labeled with the title, running time and contact information (including name, address, phone number and email).
3. Works submitted in languages other than English must be subtitled.
4. Works-in-progress and rough cuts can be submitted only if a completed exhibition copy will be available for final approval by March 9, 2018.
5. Inside Out reserves the right to excerpt programmed works (up to 3 minutes) along with photographic stills for promotional and marketing purposes.
6. All submissions must be received by either December 15, 2017 or February 8, 2018 (If you need an extension you must contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified of programming decisions in April)
7. With prior approval, preview DVDs will be added to the Inside Out archives. All other DVDs will be destroyed unless accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope (for submissions from outside Canada please use International Postal Coupons).
8. If you are sending work from outside Canada, please indicate on the outside of the package, for festival preview only, no commercial value or you may be required to pay customs duties. Declare less than $20 value on the package (Inside Out will be charged customs fees which we will not pay).
9. If using a courier, never send work to Canada by UPS (United Parcel Service), as they charge large customs fees, which the festival will not pay, and your package will be returned.
10. Acceptable screening formats at the Festival are DCP, HD Cam, Quicktime.
11. When submitting your film, please include in your cover letter whether it is considered Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, or a combination thereof.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Festival will make every effort to ensure the safe keeping of all
productions submitted for competition which are in its care or control.
However, the Applicant in applying to the Festival agrees to release the
Festival, its Officers, Directors and other representatives, from any and all
claims arising in any way from the submission of materials by or on behalf
of the Applicant, whether on film, video or otherwise to the Festival.