SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Narrative and Documentary Shorts must be less than 30 minutes (including credits) and have LGBTIQ content.
|Narrative and Documentary Features must be more than 30 minutes (including credits) and have LGBTIQ content.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The HGLCF is a non-profit 501 c-3 organization whose mission is to educate and raise awareness of the community at large about gay & lesbian culture, arts and lifestyle. HGLCF also works toward instilling a sense of pride and respect among the members of the Gay community. Our mission statement states the following: The Honolulu Gay and Lesbian Cultural Foundation is a not for profit 501 c-3 corporation whose mission is to educate and raise awareness of the community at large about gay and lesbian culture, arts and lifestyles; To instill a sense of pride and respect among the members of the gay community, as well as to highlight the unique cosmopolitan ambiance of the city of Honolulu.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
We are one of the oldest Gay and Lesbian Film Festivals in the World and proud to be here in the middle of our island paradise representing and promoting glbtiq culture, arts and lifestyle in Hawaii.
Brent Anbe (Festival and Programming Director)
25th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
1. Your submission must be received post-paid to the HRFF office and bear a postmark of December 16, 2013 for the EARLYBIRD DEADLINE, January 13, 2014 for the REGULAR DEADLINE, February 17, 2014 for the LATE DEADLINE, and March 07, 2014 for the WAB Extended Deadline.
2. Entry fee is waived for all Hawaii-based filmmakers. Verification may be required.
3. Your film should have been completed no earlier than Nov 2012.
4. We welcome entries of any length in all genres. We are particularly interested in presenting U.S. and World Premieres.
5. The Festival will consider works-in-progress, films with temporary sound tracks, digital outputs, and work that did not originate from film.
7. Submissions to the Shorts/Music Videos category must submit TWO (2) DVDs (NTSC only) for the Preview Copies.
8. Online screeners are preferred for submission. Register with WAB and send vimeo password protected link to:
9. We will inform you of our selection decision by approx. April 2014.
1. Packaging - Ship your cassette in a bubble-pack envelope whenever possible. If you must use a fiber-pack, please wrap the DVD in a plastic bag. The festival is not responsible for damage to tapes incurred during transport.
2. Costs & Labeling - All shipping costs to and from Honolulu must be borne by the sender. All tapes must indicate title, shipper's name, and return shipping address. To confirm receipt, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard with your entry.
3. International entries - All entries from outside the U.S. should be sent Air Mail Registered or by parcel or express service. The Festival cannot accept entries shipped by air freight if customs and delivery fees are not paid.
4. Return of Entries: Unless indicated, preview copies will not be returned. You must provide a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish your preview copy to be returned.
All other unclaimed DVDs or tapes will be recycled. Submitted press materials will not be returned.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
2. This film is not subject to litigation and is not threatened by any litigators.
3. I hold the Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route to the Festival.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival.