OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Narrative and Documentary Shorts must be less than 30 minutes (including credits) and have LGBTIQ content.
|Narrative and Documentary Features must be longer than 30 minutes (including credits) and have LGBTIQ content.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival is the hallmark endeavor of the Honolulu Gay & Lesbian Cultural Foundation (HGLCF). HGLCF is a self-supporting non-profit 501(c)3, whose mission is to educate and raise awareness of the community-at-large about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender culture, arts and lifestyle. HGLCF also works toward instilling a sense of pride and respect among the members of the LGBT community, as well as to highlight the unique cosmopolitan ambiance of the city of Honolulu.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
HRFF is one of the longest-running and well-respected Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) film festivals in the country. The festival has presented hundreds of documentaries, feature films, shorts and animations from around the world, with special consideration given to Hawai’i-based filmmakers.
Brent Anbe (Festival Director)
; Dana Abdinoor (Programming Coordinator)
26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
1. Your submission must be submitted - online or mailed to the HRFF office and bear a postmark of December 20, 2014 for the EARLYBIRD DEADLINE, January 20, 2015 for the REGULAR DEADLINE, February 20, 2015 for the LATE DEADLINE, and March 20, 2015 for the WAB Extended Deadline.
2. Entry fee is waived for all Hawaii-based filmmakers. Verification may be required.
3. Your film should have been completed no earlier than Nov 2013.
4. The Festival will consider works-in-progress, films with temporary sound tracks, digital outputs, and work that did not originate from film.
5. Online screeners are strongly preferred for submission. Register with WAB and send vimeo link and password to: HRFFsubmissions@gmail.com
6. We will inform you of our selection decision by approx. April 2015.
1. Packaging - Ship your screeners in a bubble-pack envelope whenever possible. If you must use a fiber-pack, please wrap the DVD in a plastic bag. The festival is not responsible for damages incurred during transport.
2. Costs & Labeling - All shipping costs to and from Honolulu must be borne by the sender. All discs must indicate title, shipper's name, and return shipping address.
3. International entries - All entries from outside the U.S. should be sent Air Mail Registered or by parcel or express service. The Festival cannot accept entries shipped by air freight if customs and delivery fees are not paid.
4. Return of Entries: Preview copies will not be returned.
Submitted press materials will not be returned.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, fully understand, and will comply with all eligibility requirements. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
2. This film is not subject to litigation and is not threatened by any litigators.
3. I hold the Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route to the Festival.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival.