OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|Narrative and Documentary Shorts must be less than 30 minutes (including credits) and have LGBTIQ content.
|Narrative and Documentary Features must be longer than 30 minutes (including credits) and have LGBTIQ content.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival is the hallmark endeavor of the Honolulu Gay & Lesbian Cultural Foundation (HGLCF). HGLCF is a self-supporting non-profit 501(c)3, whose mission is to educate and raise awareness of the community-at-large about lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender culture, arts and lifestyle. HGLCF also works toward instilling a sense of pride and respect among the members of the LGBT community, as well as to highlight the unique cosmopolitan ambiance of the city of Honolulu.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
HRFF is one of the longest-running and well-respected Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) film festivals in the country. The festival has presented hundreds of documentaries, feature films, shorts and animations from around the world, with special consideration given to Hawai’i-based filmmakers.
Brent Anbe (Festival Director); Dana Abdinoor (Programming Coordinator)
27th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
RULES OF ELIGIBILITY
1. Your submission must be submitted - online by March 8, 2016 for the EARLYBIRD DEADLINE, March 31, 2016 for the REGULAR DEADLINE, April 8, 2016 for the LATE DEADLINE, and April 30, 2016 for the WAB Extended Deadline.
2. Entry fee is waived for all Hawaii-based filmmakers. Verification may be required.
3. Your film should have been completed no earlier than Jan. 2015.
4. The Festival will consider works-in-progress, films with temporary sound tracks, digital outputs, and work that did not originate from film.
5. Online screeners are strongly preferred for submission. Register with WAB and send vimeo url and password protected link to:
6. We will inform you of our selection decision by approx. May 2016.
1.We are only accepting online /password protected submissions this year.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows:
1. I have read, fully understand, and will comply with all eligibility requirements. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true.
2. This film is not subject to litigation and is not threatened by any litigators.
3. I hold the Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route to the Festival.
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival.