CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
|Narrative Short Film
|Any Short Fiction Film, 60 Minutes or under. Including all genres; Drama, Comedy, Thriller, Horror, SciFi, Action, Animation, Experimental, and Music.
|Any documentary 60 minutes or less.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Going into it's 10th year, the Beverly Hills Shorts Festival has become one of the premiere short format film festivals in the world. The festival is all about short films, filmmakers and promoting short film to the "industry" in a luxurious, professional and exciting environment.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
With over 12,000 short films being made each year and an ever increasing appetite for creative content we feel there is a strong need to exhibit, display, promote and help distribute the worlds best. And what better environment to display the best than in Beverly Hills, home to some of the worlds most influential people.
Now in it's 10th year, the Beverly Hills Shorts Festival has become the Los Angeles Metro area's 2nd largest shorts festival. We are proud that every selection screened at the festival comes from actual submissions. NO FILMS are invited to the festival! And unlike the majority of the festivals who program through a "who you know" method, our programmers are completely impartial. Each film will be watched by anywhere from 2 - 5 programmers. If you want to give your film the best chance at screening at a festival... the best chance to go on and win an award (we give out between 15-20 awards), then SUBMIT to the Beverly Hills Shorts Festival.
Daniel Martone (Festival Director)
Official Regulations for the
2016 Beverly Hills Short Festival
1. Productions produced after January 1, 2010 are eligible.
2. WE ARE GOING GREEN! We are only accepting online screeners, either through WAB's submission process, or through other methods which you will find on the beverlyhillsshortsfestival.com website.
3. Entries must be submitted by each listed deadline date.
4. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
5. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry, if accepted, and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
6. All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles or with supplementary printed translations will be automatically disqualified.
7. We will look at works in progress.
8. Fee Waivers will NOT be offered.
9. All Decisions by judges, programmers and organizers will be final and no refund of entry fee will be permitted.
1. Only completed entries (payment and screener submitted) will be processed and considered for screening.
2. WE ARE GOING GREEN. We will only accept online screeners, either through WAB's submission process or through one of the methods mentioned on the beverlyhillsshortsfestival.com website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read and accept the rules and regulations of The Beverly Hills Shorts Festival. I am submitting a film for consideration only. If accepted I will allow my film to be shown during the festival. By agreeing to these terms I acknowledge I have all rights associated with the film that will allow the festival to show the film during the festival. I agree to hold harmless the Beverly Hills Shorts Festival, It's organizers, sponsors and associates from any liability from showing, displaying or exhibiting my film and it's related material and my attendance at the festival.