HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Short Films - 15 Minutes
|Films which convey a Buddhist message along with Protection of Nature and All Living Beings would be chosen for an award of merit. Films which support the truth and realities of the world and existence would have preference in judgement.
|Documentary Films - 30 Minutes
|Documentaries which convey a Buddhist message would be chosen for an award of merit. Documentary Films on Buddhist themes combined with Protection of Nature and All Living Beings incorporated with Monuments, Art, Artifacts, Festivals, Events, Places of interest Etc.
|Animation Films - 15 Minutes
|"Buddhism - Protection of Nature and All Living Beings"
Films which convey a Buddhist message combined with Protection of Nature and All Living Beings would be chosen for an award of merit. Films which support the truth and realities of the world and existence would have preference in judgement.
|Mobile Phone Films - 5 Minutes
|Movies made using Camera phones with a Buddhist Theme combined with Protection of Nature and All Living Beings
|Children's Films - 15 Minutes
|Any Children's Short Film based on Buddhist themes and Protection of Nature and All Living Beings will be eligible to enter this category.
|Docu Dramas - 30 Minutes
|Documentary Drama on Buddhist themes and the Protection of Nature and All Living Beings which can include events, monuments and places of interest, etc.
|Feature Films - 120 Minutes
|Films which convey a Buddhist message with Protection of Nature and All Living Beings would be chosen for an award of merit. Films which support the truth and realities of the world and existence would have preference in judgement.
|Buddhist Music Videos - 5 Minutes
|Music and visuals related to a Buddhist theme are welcome for submissions. Music which heals the mind and affect the spirit in people are chosen for awards of merit
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Theme “Protection of Nature and All Living Beings”. This theme focusing on the Protection of the Planet Earth is a challenge to all Filmmakers. It is also fundamental to the Philosophy of Buddhism, while is a simple way of living and will be showcased at the Annual Vesak Celebrations.
The Timeless Cinematic Classic “Sri Siddhartha Gautama” – a story if a unique prince who attained supreme Enlightenment over 2600 years ago, will be screened at the Festival, gives a universal message of peace and compassion to the world.
A few comments of former participants, in the Festivals held in Sri Lanka:-
"Sri Lanka has a magical Buddhist culture created by its noble people. When I decided to participate in Vesak 2010 I never thought I would actually have the opportunity to experience this amazing Film Festival" - Yaira Lamela - USA
"I most of all remember the warmth in between us people. The hospitality was overwhelming, the thoughts so familiar, sometimes deep and mountain-high. wanna come again! Ayubowan!" - Kris Mergan - BELGIUM
"It was an experience of my life which I will never forget. I thank Shri Navinji and other members of the fantastic BUDDHIST FILM FESTIVAL. I would also like to thank, Vinod, Cherlotte and entire team of the Festival." - Vinod Ganatra - INDIA
"What a great experience in beautiful country! All support from the Festival couldn't be better!" - Jai Young Choi - SOUTH KOREA
"Winning the Light of Asia Award at the INTERNATIONAL BUDDHIST FILM FESTIVAL was definitely - due to the great name of the Festival and due the outstanding hospitality of Sri Lanka – an experience we won’t have missed. Thank You! - Martin Hoffmann – GERMANY
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Light of Asia Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to propagate the pristine philosophy of Buddhism primarily through audio-visual presentations.
Submit your film on any one or more of the categories of the Competitions & Exhibitions in the Festival.
Festival Director/ Founder
1) Navin Gooneratne (Founder/Festival Director); 2) Vinodh Seneviratne (Festival Coordinator); 3) Saman Weeraman (Festival Directorate); Vinodh Seneviratne (Festival Coordinator )
1) The Theme of all movies should be based on Buddhism and Protection of Nature and All Living Beings.
2) The content should be presentable to all audiences.
3) Two copies of the Film must be submitted in DVD format
4) Language should be English or with subtitles in English.
5) A short synopsis/plot of the film is mandatory.
6) Provide the Dialogue Script to Subtitle the film to Vietnamese
7) Filmmakers must agree to the terms and conditions stated below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This sets out the terms of participation in the International Vesak Buddhist Film Festival (the "Festival").
1. The organizers of this Festival are
• Light of Asia Foundation (LOAF) – Sri Lanka
2. Entry is open to all filmmakers around the world. An entrant may be an individual, company or an organization. There is no age limit for entrants.
3. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Festival, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Organizers may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Organizer's website form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. By submitting their film, Film Makers grant rights to the Festival Organizers to screen the film during the Festival, at a Cinema, Auditorium, Outdoor Theater or a TV Channel.
5. To enter the Festival, you must submit your application by the specified deadlines mentioned on the organizers website.
6. The DVDs submitted will not be returned but kept in the festival library.
7. The entrant’s Film will be judged by the Organizer's Panel of Judges whose decision will be final.
8. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
9. Clips of the Films submitted can be used by organizers to promote the Festival in Media, TV, Web. (30 sec for Short, 3min for Features)
10. You warrant that:
(i) all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
(ii) All necessary rights and licenses to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;
(iii) The exercise of the rights granted to the Organizer in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties;
(iv) Indemnify the Organizer against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
11. You agree that the Organizer may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Organizer for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the film festival, in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you.
12. Decisions of the Organizer and its Panel of Judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Festival and no correspondence will be entered into. The name of the prize winners will be announced at the Film Festival Finale and posted on the Organizer’s Website.
13. If there is any cause that prevents or hinders the Organizer's conduct of the Festival, the Organizer may, at its discretion, cancel the Festival and recommence it at another time under the same conditions.
14. The Organizer is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Festival, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Festival. The Organizer assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.
15. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Organizer will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Festival or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.