HARD-TO-GET INFO • An event by this name may exist, but we have not been able to find even basic information about it. The listing remains available for your reference.
|Short film narratives, animation, and documentaries (30 minutes and under).
|Feature Films, Narrative, Animation, Action, Documentary, Drama, Comedy, Romantic Comedy (between 70-120 minutes in length).
|Short Screenplay Competition
|Short screenplay for scripts 10 pages and under.
|Feature Screenplay Competition
|Feature Screenplay Competition for scripts between 70-120 pages in length.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Hill Country Film Society is a 501c3 non-profit organization dedicated to fostering, encouraging and promoting the art, craft and business of independent film production by annually presenting the HILL COUNTRY FILM FESTIVAL in Fredericksburg, Texas.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The HILL COUNTRY FILM FESTIVAL will be held May 1-4, 2014 in Fredericksburg, Texas. HCFF will screen over 50 independent films (shorts & features), as well as host filmmaker Q&A/interviews, festival parties and more - attracting film industry personnel, consumers and media from all over Texas and the United States.
Fredericksburg, commonly referred to as the "Heart of the Texas Hill Country," is a small, centrally located town, just over an hour's drive from both Austin and San Antonio. Don't let its size fool you - Fredericksburg is one of the most visited places in the state. More than a million tourists travel to Fredericksburg each year to sample wine, eat peaches, shop, discover art and history, and enjoy the town's German heritage. Nearly a third of visitors are from out of state and most have visited Fredericksburg multiple times. The truly unique combination of small-town Texas hospitality and big-city arts and entertainment make it the perfect home for our film festival.
Amy Miskovsky (Director of Operations); Chad Mathews (Festival Registrar); Gary Weeks (Director of Programming); Natalie Burge (Design Director)
1. Submissions are made through WithoutABox (WAB), using the WAB online entry forms.
2. We encourage the submission of films in the form of feature-length (90-120 minutes), short-length films (under 30 minutes). International films are also welcome but must be either be in English or have English sub-titles.
3. Films must be available for screening during the festival, May 1-4, 2014.
4. By submitting a film to HCFF, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the HCFF website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow HCFF to promote the following year's festival. HCFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the HCFF.
5. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
6. Please submit your entry on 2 DVDs, Region 0 or 1 format ONLY. Include the title of the film and running time on the DVD along with the WAB number. On the case please include, running time, name of contact person, phone # and/or e-mail address and WAB Tracking ID.
7. Submit the films to Hill Country Film Festival, P.O. BOX 151090, Austin, TX 78715-1090.
8. The selected works will be exhibited digitally (shorts only) and on Blu-ray (features only)
9. The submitted DVD will not be returned. HCFF is not responsible for lost or damaged DVDs or tapes. DVD screeners are typically not returned.
10. In accordance with the HCFF policy, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work, unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the HCFF.
11. Filmmaker must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist on the film.
12. All entries must be postmarked by March 12, 2014.
13. Notification of selection will be by March 24, 2014. Only then will the film be considered for awards. Please understand that acceptance in the festival will in no way guarantee that you, your actors or crew will be offered paid transportation or lodging for the event. We do promise a good time, however.
14. Awards will be presented to:
“Cinema Dulce Award" (Best in Show)
"Best Texas Film"
"Best Short Screenplay"
"Best Feature Screenplay"
"Audience Choice Award"
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering the Hill Country Film Festival, entrants release, and hold the promoter and host and other contest entities harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the festival. The Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark or royalty infringements related to the work. The applicants are responsible for their own insurance and are not covered by the festival's insurance. The submitted works on DVD format will not be returned without pre-paid mailer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hill Country Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for purposes.
The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless Hill Country Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.exhibition at the Festival for promotional