OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES • Select a Category of Entry to continue.
|A Documentary is a film that depicts true facts, true information presented is a reasonably balanced and accurate way.
|Any non-documentary film from 11 minutes to 59 minutes in length is acceptable. Short Documentaries have their own category.
|Super Short Film
|A Super Short Film is any film 10 minutes or less that is NOT a music video or a documentry. Music Videos and Short Documentaries have their own categories.
|A Music Video is a video/film that is produced around a song. It's purpose is to enhance the song by adding visuals.
|Narrative Feature Films
|A full length Feature Narrative Film. A work of fiction.
|A Short Documentary is a film that depicts true facts, true information presented is a reasonably balanced and accurate way, in 59 minutes or less.
|This year we are adding a new category, Animation. We also did have some great short animated films but we decided to give them their own special section this year. We will accept, Classical(hand drawn, traditional), Digital, Stop-motion, Clay, Cut-out, Paint-on-glass, Drawn-on-film and Experimental animation. Tell a good story and be creative we want to see it!
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
We are proud to present the 5th Annual New York City Independent Film Festival. This year's festival will run from October 16 to October 20, 2014. The festival will strive to promote an open and nurturing environment for artists, writers, actors, film-makers and fans, and will focus on offering great networking opportunities for its participants.
Thanks to each year's success, New York City Independent Film Festival is growing. We are proud to add the Animation category and look forward to all the great submissions we are sure will follow. We will be screening more films and offering more panels and discussion groups.
We will screen narratives, documentaries, short films, super shorts, animation shorts and music videos. We are looking for documentaries where the film-maker had a passion which he/she put into the film. No matter the subject, if the work has merit and the filming is well done; be it a full-length feature, a short or a super short - we are interested in viewing it. We are looking for all genres of narratives from comedy to drama and from thrillers to love stories.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
We welcome the true Indie film-maker. Your film will be screened by other Indie Film-makers who are looking for new voices with new ideas to be explored by the art of film-making. New York City is known for it's diversity and we love that we see a diversity of submissions every year.
And don't forget the NYC Indie Film Fest Fan awards. During the screening of each film ballots are given out and the audience is asked to vote. The winner of those votes are awarded the Official NYC independent Film Festival Mark of Distinction Awards. There are awards in each category.
Bonnie Rush (OTHER)
; Dennis Cieri (Filmmaker)
; Dennis Cieri (Filmmaker)
; Dennis Cieri (Founder/Director)
; Galway McCullough (Filmmaker)
We hope everyone has fun and enjoys themselves at the festival. but a few suggestions...
Please submit as soon as possible. The process goes a lot smother if we are not sent a lot of films at the last minute. THANKS!
This year, we are strongly encouraging entrants submitting hard-copies to submit films in a paper DVD sleeve. When packaging, protect the DVD in a padded envelope, or similar package. Please DO NOT send your dvd in a slim, jewel, or standard DVD case.
Please note that the ONLY difference in the early submission deadline versus the final submission deadline is the fee discount. The submission process and consideration by the Programming Committee is not affected by the date you submit your film as long as it is postmarked by our final deadline - your chances are equal regardless of the day your film makes it into our offices, as long as it is postmarked by the final deadline!
ALL films submitted to the festival are seen and scored by three different programmers. All films that have a higher average, or are a favorite of a programmer, go on to final deliberations. NYCIFF selects its films by majority vote and nothing is offered early acceptance.
Film Submissions are non-returnable for any reason.
If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. NYCIFF cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged.
Starting in 2014 the awards will be juried. The jury will be submit their ratings to a third party who will track and calculate the results. The results will be held by the third party until the evening of the awards where the results will be announced. The process for calculating the winners are;
1 - The films/videos are shown to the judges.
2 - The judges mark the ballots rating the films and other appropriate categories from 1 to 10, 10 being the best.
3 - All the scores are totaled and then divided by the number of ballots.
4 - Highest score wins.
5 - The decision of the festival is final.
Please note festival dates are subject to change.
Unfortunately, NYCIFF does not provide room, board or travel for filmmakers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As a condition of entering the New York City Independent Film Festival, hereafter known as NYCIFF, I/we hereby certify that:
1. I/we am/are the sole creators of the film, script, short stories, poems which I/we have submitted to the NYCIFF.
2. I/we warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to NYCIFF.
3. I/we understand that the NYCIFF will not return and is not obligated to return my film or any other materials I/we have submitted to the NYCIFF.
4. I/we hereby grant the NYCIFF the nonexclusive right to use my name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding the NYCIFF.
5. For filmmakers: NYCIFF may transfer the submitted material to a compilation NTSC DVD for screening, if needed, and if the submitted material is selected for screening the compilation DVD may be used by NYCIFF for promotional purposes.
6. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless NYCIFF, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to NYCIFF.
7. I/we shall be solely responsible for taking all necessary steps to establish and protect my/our copyright in the submitted material, and the NYCIFF shall have no obligation with respect thereto. The NYCIFF shall have the right to reproduce all or part of said material for use in its publicity and any and all related communication directly associated with NYCIFF.
8. I/we have read all of the festival rules, regulations and releases, understand them, and have complied with them. I/we understand that the festival rules, regulations and releases may change or be updated, and that it is my responsibility to read, understand and comply with any changes or updates.