MAY BE DEFUNCT • Our records show this event may be defunct and no longer in operation. The listing remains available for your reference.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Boonies, Inc. is a 501(C)(3) non-profit corporation, it was created to support, educate and promote independent filmmakers of all ages, as well as promote Northwestern Pennsylvania’s location and natural resources to the film industry. To that end, The Boonies will utilize film, visual arts, music and emerging technologies to enhance the experience of students, filmmakers and audiences. The Boonies will also work actively in the film industry for our community, region and state through our office of film, Northern PA Film Office, a regional state film office.
As a non-profit organization, we are not in a position to grant waiver fees at this time.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Boonies International is an annual 4 day film festival and event at Warren, Pennsylvania, USA. Our 3rd edition of The Boonies is August 13 - 16, 2014. The Boonies International, an independent film festival for filmmakers of all ages, is motivated by our mission to create and develop film and educational opportunities and events. Selected films screen at 5 downtown locations. If you want to have fun in the forest then you're in luck as recreation is everywhere and we are surrounded by natural forested beauty. We're a great place to get a world of work done at a relaxing pace.
The Boonies International 2014 will present the films and stories of filmmakers from around the world.
The Boonies 2014 will also shine a light on independent music, a wealth of art mediums and emerging technology events.
Education is inherent in The Boonies International. Our focused encouragement of the arts includes the support of our local fringe and traditional arts with our focus on film.
In our 3rd edition of The Boonies August 13-16, 2014 we will once again showcase films and filmmakers from around the world as well as regional and local filmmakers.
The Boonies International 2014 is attracting talented independent filmmakers, industry professionals and indie artists. Keep up with us at our website and social media sources.
The Boonies International Film Festival 2014 an independent film festival for filmmakers of all ages, August 13-16, 2014.
Jeff Clark (Festival Registrar)
Guidelines for the Boonies
Submission Deadline: Postmark July 1, 2014 for festival August 13-16, 2014.
Submissions are accepted through Withoutabox.com online submission process.
1. Film must have been completed no earlier than January 1, 2012. Films must be completed by festival August 13-16, 2014.
2. Narrative and Documentary Film and Music Videos which have been distributed or has screened on television or is financed or initiated by a major film studio are not eligible for competition. Though they are welcome for special screenings. This does not apply if the film was an Official Boonies selection prior to its distribution or films production deal, financed or initiated by a major film studio.
3. Selected and Competition Films will be announced no later that July 15, 2014.
4. Feature films must be 50 minutes and over.
5. Short films must be under 50 minutes.
6. Music Videos must be 30 minutes or under.
7. Same fees and rules apply to features, short films and music videos.
8. All non-English speaking films must have English subtitles.
9. The festival is open to filmmakers of all ages. All minor filmmakers must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
10. No pornographic or “adult” films.
Grand Jury Prize - Best Feature – The festivals top award. The award consists of $500.00 cash and TBA prize package.
Best Short – The award consists of $250.00 cash and TBA prize package.
Best Music Video – The award consists of $250.00 cash and TBA prize package.
Best Actor – The award consists of $250.00 cashand TBA prize package.
Audience Choice – The award consists of $250.00 cash and TBA prize package.
Junior High School and under – The award consists of $250.00 cash and TBA prize package.
High School - The award consists of $250.00 cash and TBA prize package.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully the following terms and conditions. “They” refer to your entry materials to The Boonies International Film Festival. You must accept these terms and conditions before your entry can be considered.
• I/We attest that I/we have read and understand and complied with the Rules of Entry of the Festival, that I/we am/are the sole owner(s) of legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the material to the festival.
• I/We will indemnify and hold harmless the festival, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to the festival.
• I/We understand that by submitting said material, I/we authorize the festival to exhibit the material during the 2014 festival dates, if the material, at the sole discretion of the festival, is selected for exhibition.
• I/We understand that the festival will be able to screen your 2014 selected submission until the 2015 festival. Selected submission may be screened to promote The Boonies and the filmmaker. Any funds raised during screenings are for operational expenses of The Boonies Inc. If at any time after the festival's conclusion you no longer wish your material to be used in promotion of The Boonies International Film Festival and or the filmmaker/film, please send your request in writing or email.
• I/We understand that the festival is not responsible for any type of damage to or loss of the material while it is in the festival’s possession, or while en route to or from the festival, and I/we release the festival, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from any and all liabilities regarding damage to or loss of the material while en route to or from the festival or while in its possession.
• I/We agree that any dispute arising between me/us and the festival shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the then effective Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award all appropriate relief, including equitable or injunctive relief; provided, however, that the arbitrator is not authorized to award punitive damages. The award issued by any such arbitrator may be entered and confirmed as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. The state with jurisdiction over any disputes relating to this agreement is Pennsylvania, and the sole location for proper venue is Warren, Pennsylvania.
• Festival finalists and winners will permit the festival to use their name, contact information and/or likeness & publicity stills, film or video footage, title, and logline of material, in pre & post-competition publicity and promotional efforts.
• Films/Filmmakers screening at The Boonies will also permit the festival to use their name, contact information and/or likeness and publicity stills, film or video footage, title, and logline of material during the 2014 festival dates.
• The festival may, at its own discretion, transfer the submitted material to a compilation DVD for festival screening and the resulting DVD may be used for festival promotional purposes. However, said compilations are not sold or distributed by the festival.
• Should material win one or more awards “Award(s)” at the festival, I/we am/are authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing material to name the individual(s) listed on the Award Designation List to receive any and all Award(s). If material is eligible for Award(s) and no one was designated to accept it/them, the Award will be deemed forfeit and another award winner will be chosen.