Mid-length Films must be more than 20 minutes and less than 59 minutes long and may fall under any of the following categories:
-Horror (any and all types of horror are welcome)
-Based on True Crime
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Housecore Horror Film Festival co-founder and legendary heavy metal icon, Philip H. Anselmo promises an assault of your eyes and ears that you will never forget.
Three days of horror films, live music provided by Anselmo and friends, and a complete horror weekend experience awaits you!
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Housecore Horror Festival is the brainchild of world-famous metal musician and horror film aficionado, Philip Anselmo, and best-selling true-crime author and Bloody Disgusting horror film critic, Corey Mitchell, who passed away in 2014.
The festival is Anselmo's outlet to share his hardcore passions for horror and heavy metal with his legion of fans.
Fest-goers should get ready for an experience to die for!
Three days and nights of horror films spread across two screens and three nights of heavy metal featuring Philip Anselmo and his many friends.
We screen everything from new horror releases on the festival circuit to backyard yard cellphone indie flicks. Expect a plethora of demented old classics from Anselmo's archives and a Crime Scene selection of true crime-based horror films from Mitchell's vault.
We are looking for all types of horror submissions, ranging from classic to gory to underground to funny to creepy to experimental to over-the-top and on and on. As long as it is well-written, well-shot, entertaining, repellent, and most importantly, scary as hell, we will screen it.
The 2015 Housecore Horror Festival will be three days of mayhem that Rob Zombie has already declared "damn good for horror!" ORGANIZERS
; Nic Brown
; Nic Brown
; Ryan Taylor
ALL DEADLINES ARE RECEIVED BY-DEADLINES. All materials must be received by the deadline listed, NOT postmarked by that date.
• This year, we are strongly encouraging entrants submitting both a VIMEO LINK and hard-copies of your DVD. When packaging, protect the DVD in a padded envelope, or similar package.
• We appreciate filmmakers submitting their work as early as possible.
• HHF 2015 films will be selected by the festival programmers. All selections will be posted on our site by the end of September 2015.
• ALL films submitted to the festival are seen and scored by at least two different programmers. All films that have a higher average, or are a favorite of a programmer, go on to final deliberations. HHF selects its films by majority vote.
• Film Submissions are non-returnable. Please do not send original materials.
• If a film is accepted or rejected, entrants will be contacted either way. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. HHF cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged.
• If your film wins either a Grand Jury or Audience award, you are required to mention that fact in posters and other promotional material if and when the film gets distribution.
• Please note festival dates are subject to change.
• Unfortunately, HHF does not provide room, board or travel for filmmakers. We will provide discounted hotel information on our website.
For More Information:
Most questions can be answered on www.housecorehorrorfilmfestival.com or by email at email@example.com. Once you submit, you can check your Withoutabox online account to see if your film has been received. Please don't contact us to find out if your film has been received. Check online.
For any other questions, feel free to contact us!
Telephone: 210/ 269-0829
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entrants warrant that they have the legal right to enter film work to Housecore Horror Film Festival 2015. As the Director/Producer of the Film, entrants have submitted to the Festival, entrants represent and warrant to the Festival that the Film and all parts thereof are original; that the Film does not contravene the rights of any person or entity and that entrants own or control the Film and all parts thereof and have the sole authority to submit the Film to the Festival; the Film entrants submitted to the Festival is not subject to nor threatened by any litigation. Entrants acknowledge that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between the Festival and entrants, and entrants further acknowledge that no such relationship is established by these guidelines, my submission of the Film, or by the Festival’s acceptance, review or retention of the Film. If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their exhibition video materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. HHFF cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged. If your film wins either a Grand Jury or Audience award, you and/or your distributor are required to mention that fact in posters and other promotional material if and when the film gets distribution. Festival dates are subject to change.