SPECIAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY • Final deadlines have passed. If
you have a deadline waiver or special instructions from the event,
select a Category of Entry to continue.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Discovering and supporting international emerging filmmakers; Fostering collaborations in global film industries.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Held annually in Vancouver Canada, , the Vancouver Golden Panda International Film Festival (GPIFF) was founded in June, 2013.
GPIFF 2017 AGENDA
- Public Screening, Dec. 4 - Dec. 7 (tentative), Vancity Theatre Vancouver
- Industry Forum & Afterparty, Dec. 9, Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
- Awards Ceremony, Dec. 10, Queen Elizabeth Theatre Vancouver
GPIFF 2017 JURY
Jiang Ping （江平） - Vice President and General Manager of China Film Co.
Stephen Nemeth - Founder and CEO of Rhino Films
Robert Lundberg - COO of Chinalion Films
Dennis Hoffman - President of Stargate Studios Vancouver
The competition of GPIFF 2017 presents 14 awards as follows.
FEATURE (40 MINUTES AND LONGER)
SHORT FILMS AWARDS (UNDER 40 MINUTES)
Best Short Film
Best Director for Short Film
Best Screenplay for Short Film
SPECIAL CATEGORIES AWARDS
Best Animated Film
Best Humanistic Vision
Special Jury Recommendation Award
Best Visual Effect
Rising Star Award
Award winner will get a 7-days filmmakers' trip to one of the most popular cities in China. All costs including food, five-star hotel rooms, and flights are covered by GPIFF.
Got a good idea and developing a new project? Contact email@example.com to request a registration form for the Project Pitch and present your project to film masters and investing groups!
* The Vancouver Golden Panda International Film Festival is presented by Orient Star Media Inc.
* 中国电影人在投片中遇到任何技术问题，可以选择联系GPIFF北京办事处负责人李小姐，Email: Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org 电话13911854761 ; 投片人亦可选择联系GPIFF在中国区的专业投片代理。代理机构为投奖帮，联系人：伊楠楠，电话13366926837； 代理机构将可能收取额外的投片服务费，敬请知悉。
Matthew Tang (Marketing Director)
GENRE AND LENGTH
(1) GPIFF accepts all genres and all length
(2) “Feature Film” is defined as film longer than 40 minutes; all other films are defined by “Short Films”
(1) Films must be submitted via online screener
(2) Film resolution must be at least 1920x1080; NTSC; MP4 or MOV
(4) Aspect ratio could be 16:9, 2.35:1 or 1.85:1. Animation and only animation could be in 4:3
(1) There is no premiere policy for short films and music videos.
(2) Works-in-progress are NOT accepted.
(3) Works with explicit sex and/or violence are NOT accepted.
(1) There is no Premiere policy, they may have screened at other Festivals and/or online.
(2) All submissions for GPIFF are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is not refundable.
USE OF EXCERPTS
(1) GPIFF has been granted the right to use excerpts of the selected films for promotional purposes
NOMINATION OF AWARDS
(1) Submissions are reviewed and nominated based on the quality of narrative and production values by the selection committee.
(2) Nomination of films will be notified
(3) Nominated filrms will be reviewed and rated by members of the jury. Awards will be presented to the films with the highest rating.
SELECTION OF SCREENING
(1) Submissions are reviewed and selected based on the quality of narrative and production values by the selection committee.
(2) Selection for screening will be notified
(1) By submitting to the GPIFF, the participant is granting permission to view their film by the Selection and Judging Committee, and if nominated or selected for screening, is granting permission to screen the film at GPIFF and use it in promotional materials (including but not limited to press releases, websites, social media, TV, radio and print).
(2) Selected and/or nominated films must provide high resolution digital video in required format in order to be screened at the Vancouver Golden Panda International Film Festival.
(3) A selected DCP must be received at GPIFF no later than 30 days prior to its scheduled screening date.
(1) Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of GPIFF . Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, GPIFF reserves the right the make changes at any time for any reason. Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
(2 ) No film may be withdrawn from the festival program after its selection.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you have any questions or comments regarding the use of the Site, please contact GPIFF at 604-370-2956 or email@example.com.
License and Site Access
OSM grants you a limited licence to make personal use only of the Site. Such grant does not include, without limitation: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Site or content therein; (b) the collection and use of any product listings or descriptions; (c) making derivative uses of the Site and its contents; or (d) use of any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or licence by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of OSM or any third party.
You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any OSM trademark, logo or other proprietary information (including the images found at this Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page) without OSM's express written consent. Further, you may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing a OSM name, trademark, or product name without OSM's express written consent.
All copyrighted and copyrightable materials on this Site, including, without limitation, the Golden Panda Short Film Festival logo, design, text, graphics, pictures, sound files and other files, video clips, and the selection and arrangement (“Materials”) thereof are ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 2014, Orient Star Media Inc. and/or its third party providers, suppliers and licensors. Except as stated herein, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of OSM or the respective copyright owner. Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute and download the Materials on this Site for personal, non commercial, and informational use only; provided that, you may not, without the permission of OSM or the respective copyright owner, (a) copy, publish, or post any Materials on any computer network or broadcast or publications media, (b) modify the Materials, and (c) remove or alter any copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials.
Trademarks and Service Marks
GPIFF logo found in this Site are either trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks of OSM and/or its suppliers and licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of OSM or its suppliers or licensors. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of OSM, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of OSM. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and OSM names or logos mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. Please note that some trademarks on this site are owned by other parties who have granted OSM a licence to use their marks and any absence of a mark from this list does not constitute a waiver of OSM's trademark or other intellectual property rights.
Third Party Content
Enforcement. OSM has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with its Site. OSM may investigate any reported violation of its policies or complaints and take any appropriate action that it deems appropriate. Such action may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspension or termination of service, and/or removal of posted content. OSM reserves the right and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any content that violates these provisions or is otherwise objectionable. In order to cooperate with legitimate governmental requests, subpoenas or court orders, to protect OSM's systems and users, or to ensure the integrity and operation of OSM's business and systems, OSM may access and disclose any information it considers necessary or appropriate, but only in accordance with applicable law or regulation, including, without limitation, user profile information (i.e. name, e mail address, etc.), IP addressing and traffic information, usage history, and posted content.
Third Party Links. OSM may provide links to third party Web sites or services on the Site. OSM makes no representations or warranties regarding, and accepts no liability or responsibility whatsoever for, the quality, content, nature or reliability, including but not limited to the accuracy or completeness of the content, information, or opinions of sites accessible by hyperlink from this Site, or sites linking to this Site. The linked sites are not under the control of OSM and OSM is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any review, changes or updates to such sites. OSM is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply affiliation, endorsement, or adoption by OSM of the site or any information contained therein. When leaving the OSM site, you should be aware that OSM's terms and policies no longer govern, and, therefore, you should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of that site.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless OSM and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any claim, action, demand, loss, or damages (including reasonable legal fees) brought by you or on your behalf, or made or incurred by any third party arising out of or relating to:
(B) any use of the Submissions by OSM or the Licensees; and
(C) any copyright infringement or other infringement of third party proprietary or intellectual property rights by your Submissions.
OSM reserves the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any such mailer, which shall not excuse your indemnity obligations.
“AS IS” BASIS. THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, DATA OR SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED BY, DOWNLOADED OR ACCESSED FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
REPRESENTATION AND WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. OSM DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, CONTENT, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ON THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CONTENT PROVIDED OR SUPPLIED BY THIRD PARTIES. YOU ARE ADVISED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR OWN DUE DILIGENCE WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING:
(a)OSM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT MATERIALS IN THIS SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR ERROR FREE.
(b)OSM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON THE SITE.
(c)WHILE OSM ATTEMPTS TO ENSURE YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE IS SAFE, OSM CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS SITE OR ITS SERVER(S) ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. OSM reserves the right to change any and all content contained on this Site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes, or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by OSM.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL OSM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH: (A) THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN, OR ACCESSED THROUGH, THIS SITE, OR (B) THE USE OF THE SUBMISSIONS BY OSM OR THE LICENSEES.
Certain laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations, may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights to those contained herein.
Applicable Law and Venue