DECISIONS ALREADY MADE
• This event has already made decisions and notified
submitters for the current cycle. Submissions are no longer being
|A pitch video of 5 minutes or less for any narrative or episodic narrative fiction, short film that is based on an un-produced screenplay of 10 pages or less. The pitch video should include the film's premise, log-line, and target audience. If applicable, please also provide a high level summary of any relevant information about your planned production timeline, team, talent, estimated budget, and fundraising goal in your pitch video.
|A pitch video of 5 minutes or less for any documentary or episodic documentary short film that is based on an un-produced screenplay of 10 pages or less. The pitch video should include the film's premise, log-line, and target audience. If applicable, please also provide a high level summary of any relevant information about your planned production timeline, team, talent, estimated budget, and fundraising goal in your pitch video.
|A pitch video of 5 minutes or less for any animated or episodic animated short film that is based on based on an un-produced screenplay of 10 pages or less. The pitch video should include the film's premise, log-line, and target audience. If applicable also include a high-level summary of any relevant information about your planned production timeline, team, talent,estimated budget, and fundraising goal.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
We are filmmakers that have a passion for the craft of film-making. We also understand how hard it can be to get your project funded and into production. The Synimatica Pitch Festival offers a cash prize of $5,000 to help take a great idea from script to screen. The winning film concept pitch will be awarded the cash prize and be offered a distribution deal on our TV streaming platform Synimatica.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
The Synimatica Pitch Festival conducts concept pitch screenings and panel judging online while the best-in-category concept pitches will be honored at an awards ceremony and mixer event held in Boise, Idaho. Concept pitch screening broadcasts globally through our TV streaming app Synimatica. The streaming app can be found on Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast for IOS and Android. The Synimatica Pitch Festival will offer filmmakers a chance to record a "pitch" concept video of their project. If accepted, these pitch videos will be open for public judging on the Synimatica streaming app. Pitch videos will be sorted by the highest public vote, and the winner will be nominated at the end of the 30 day run.
Dion Eusepi (Managing Principal); Dion Eusepi (Managing Principal); Dion Eusepi (Managing Principal); Dion Eusepi (Managing Principal); Dion Eusepi (Managing Principal); Michael Tetro; Michael Tetro
Synimatica Pitch Festival reserves the right to determine eligibility of any film for any Festival program or submission category.
Films have no completion date restrictions.
Concept pitch videos must be not more than 10 minutes in length. proposed films must be no more than 45 minutes in length – including credits.
All non-English language films must have English language subtitles.
Proposed films may have not have been started or completed as screened productions at any number of festivals or other public theatrical exhibitions anywhere in the world, broadcast or streamed on television or the Internet.
Student entries, a photocopy of an official student ID or a letter from the school must be sent with the entry submission as proof of student status when the film was made.
PLEASE NOTE: All deadlines associated with the Synimatica Pitch Festival will be sent top you via email. We must receive your digital pitch concept upload, by the deadline date for which your film has been registered! We encourage you to submit your film as early as possible. Please allow up to 24-48 hours for processing of digital video uploads.
All films must be submitted by the accepted format: Digital upload via the Withoutabox Secure Online Screener System, Vimeo link entered directly or on the submission application. We do not accept links via e-mail! If you choose to provide a Vimeo link on your submission application, please ensure that you select “Anywhere” under the “Where can this video be embedded” section of your video’s privacy settings.
After you have completed the online application, all we need from you is a single copy of your film. In an effort to cut down on waste, we ask that you do not send printed press or promotional materials to us.
If selected, a press kit must be provided. Digital press kits are required. -At least two (2) publicity stills promoting the film's concept pitch. Stills must be submitted by email (jpg, 72 dpi preferred, clearly labeled with film title--if multiple photos are sent, please label with film title & 1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Film synopsis – 50 words
-30 second concept pitch Trailer (if available)
In an effort to help grow the on going film community we offer an alternative to normal distribution routes through our app Synimatica. if your film pitch concept is accepted into the festival it will be considered for distribution as a completed project. ATTENTION: This is an offer for aspiring filmmakers and agreeing to distribution is not a requirement for submitting to the fest. We want to feature the best work and reward those that are committed to doing the same.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SYNIMATICA PITCH FESTIVAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Synimatica Pitch Festival is a quarterly, online film concept pitching competition administered and sponsored by Synimatica, LLC. Selected film concept pitch entries will be featured as 10-minute filmed concept pitches on the Synimatica Digital Distribution Platform for the duration of the Pitch Festival. Each Pitch Festival is quarterly and featured on streaming video applications including but not limited to Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Google Chromecast. A filmed concept pitch is selected through the submission process, by a panel of judges who evaluate the submission virtually via online secure online screeners. Further details of the Competition are provided in the Synimatica Pitch Festival online submission information(Materials). The Materials form part of these terms and conditions.
2. The judges will award a number of prizes (as set out the Materials). The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Synimatica Pitch Festival may substitute another item of equal value as determined by the festival management team.
3. Entering the Synimatica Pitch Festival does not guarantee that you will win a prize or derive any other benefit. The prizes are awarded at the sole discretion of the panel judges. We are not responsible in any way for the decisions, actions, or conduct of judges. Our decisions (and those of the judges) in respect of all aspects of the Synimatica Pitch Festival are final.
4. Individuals may enter the Competition. To enter the Synimatica Pitch Festival, competitors must prepare and submit a 10-minute filmed concept pitch, fully complete and submit the online submission form, and pay the application fee by the due date in the online submission Materials. By doing so, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you are under 18 years of age you must have your parent or guardian submit and sign the application form on your behalf. We are not liable for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete or incorrectly submitted applications.
5. By submitting an application, you:
(a) agree to make your film concept pitch submission available to the Synimatica Pitch Festival in the requested format and by the deadlines documented in the online submission materials as notified by festival management; and
(b) agree to authorize the Synimatica Pitch Festival to host the content if selected for the festival for access on its supported streaming application platforms for 90 days in conjunction with the Synimatica Film Festival
(b) agree that your content will be accessible and viewable by Synimatica Streaming Application users only for a ninety-day period and will be accessible via supported streaming devices using secure authentication credentials issued by the Synimatica stream device application.
(b) agree that the scope of availability of the selected submitted content on the Synimatica platform is at the sole discretion of the Synimatica Pitch Festival with respect to platform channel, region of distribution, content delivery networks, device-specific platform applications, application versions, or specific streaming hardware devices the application platform supports within the period of film festival.
(c) agree that all digital submission content and related backup copies of any media featured under this agreement that will be distributed under the platform brand and trademark known as “Synimatica” will be physically removed from all storage media in its entirety upon termination of the licensing period.
(c) agree that if your film concept pitch is selected for inclusion in the festival, you have the option to submit your film for a distribution agreement on Synimatica but are not guaranteed distribution on the platform.
(d) agree that if your submitted film concept pitch is selected for inclusion in the event, its use on the platform is royalty-free within the terms and conditions of this agreement. Copyright owners shall not be entitled to monetary consideration in whole or in part for the use of the film on the Synimatica Platform in conjunction with the Synimatica Pitch Festival within the terms and conditions of this agreement
(b) agree that the application fee is not refundable for any reason.
(b) warrant that you have the clear authority to enter this agreement and further represent and warrant that you own all clear right, title, and interest in your submitted film in connection with its use on the Synimatica Digital Distribution Platform and that by submitting this film for festival consideration and potential access on the platform, there is no infringement of any third-party rights.
Intellectual property and disclosure
6, By submitting an application, you warrant that:
(a) you have the clear authority to enter this agreement and further represent and warrant that you own all clear right, title, and interest in your submitted filmed concept pitch in connection with its use on the Synimatica Digital Distribution Platform and that by submitting this film for festival consideration and potential access on the platform, there is no infringement of any third-party rights.
(b) the ideas that you present at the Synimatica Pitch Festival, including in the application form are your original work and not copied or adapted from any third party or source and that you own all rights (including intellectual property rights) in any idea submitted by you into this Competition;
(c) your use of ideas or information in relation to the Synimatica Pitch Festival does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights of any third party in any way whatsoever; and
(d) your concept pitch does not include any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any third party or is otherwise objectionable or inappropriate.
7. In relation to your own intellectual property rights, or intellectual property rights of others that you use with consent in relation to the Synimatica Pitch Festival, you acknowledge that by disclosing information in the Synimatica Pitch Festival you waive any right of confidentiality in relation to that information and expressly authorize Synimatica our employees and agents, the judges, and other persons involved with the Synimatica Pitch Festival to disclose the information in any way for the express purposes of or related to the Synimatica Pitch Festival.
8. We recommend that you do not disclose information in relation to the Synimatica Pitch Festival that would or might affect your capacity to protect and / or exploit intellectual property rights in the future by registration of rights or any other way.
9. We recommend that you seek legal advice in relation to intellectual property. You acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to do so.
10. You expressly authorize us to use the information you provide including your name for the purpose of Synimatica Pitch Festival including promoting Synimatica Pitch Festival and related activities conducted after conclusion of the Competition
Terms of application submission and disqualification
11. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse or exclude your application, at any time before the running of the Competition. If we do that, we will refund your application fee.
12 You must meet your own costs of preparing and featuring your submission.
13 If any aspect of the Synimatica Pitch Festival is not capable of running as planned because of any cause beyond our control, we may in our sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
14. We may disqualify you from the Synimatica Pitch Festival if you:
(c) breach these terms and conditions;
(d) breach any applicable law; or
(e) are party to any act or thing act or thing prejudicial to our goodwill, commercial reputation or overall public image.
Release and waiver
15. We may require that you provide us with photographs or video, or allow us to photograph or video you (the Media Materials), free of charge, to prepare promotional or other material for the purpose of or related to Synimatica Film Festival, you agree that copyright in the Media Materials is the property of the Synimatica Pitch Festival.
16. You give us unrestricted and irrevocable right to use and publish the Media Materials or reproductions or adaptations or modifications thereof in all forms and media including print and internet including social media for marketing, advertising or any lawful purpose for or related to Synimatica Pitch Festival.
17. You release us from any and all claims, actions, demands, suits, liabilities, damages, expenses and obligations of any kind arising from or related to our use of the Media Materials.
Limitation of liability and indemnity
18. Without excluding, restricting or modifying the rights and remedies to which you may be entitled under law or our liabilities under those provisions:
(a) we are not liable to you for any cost incurred or loss or liability you suffer in any way in relation to Synimatica Pitch Festival.
(b) you acknowledge that the details of Synimatica Pitch Festival are set out in the online submission materials and are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Synimatica Pitch Festival with or without notice to you and that we do not make any warranty or representation as to: (i) the suitability of the Competition to your circumstances; (ii) the suitability of judges; (iii) your prospects of winning a prize; (iv) the effect of the Competition on your film; or (v) any other thing related to the Synimatica Pitch Festival.
(c) we exclude all other implied terms and warranties, whether statutory or otherwise, relating to Synimatica Pitch Festival and the subject matter of our agreement with you.
(d) we will not be liable to you for indirect and / or consequential loss arising from or connected to our agreement with you in contract, tort, under any statute or otherwise (including, without limitation, for loss of revenue, loss of profits, failure to realize expected profits or savings, loss of intellectual property, breach of confidence or any other commercial or economic loss of any kind) unless such loss arises as a result of our own willful misconduct.
(e) our liability to you for loss or damage of any kind arising out of our agreement with you or in connection with the relationship established by it is reduced to the extent (if any) that you cause or contribute to the loss or damage. This reduction applies whether our liability is in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or otherwise.
(f) our liability to you is limited in all cases to the amount of the application fee you have paid.
19. You indemnify us in relation to any loss caused by:
(a) a breach by you of this agreement and these terms and conditions; or
(b) any action by a third party against you or us in relation to your use of copyrighted material in relation to the Synimatica Pitch Festival.
20. A party’s failure or delay to exercise a power or right does not operate as a waiver of that power or right.
21. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any warranty or representation other than those found in the Materials.
22. If any part of these terms and conditions is invalid or unenforceable, this agreement does not include it. The remainder of the terms and conditions continue in full force.