CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Arthouse Asia is an annual gathering of independent filmmakers. Over the years independent filmmaking has changed a lot, Asian independent filmmaking market is increasing steadily. The Past has taught us "United we stand, divide we fall". Arthouse Asia is an effort to unite worldwide independent filmmakers in a single platform.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Arthouse Asia is an annual gathering of independent filmmakers. Over the years independent filmmaking has changed a lot, Asian independent filmmaking market is increasing steadily. The Past has taught us "United we stand, divide we fall".
Arthouse Asia is an effort to unite worldwide independent filmmakers in a single platform. We know the path is not an easy way but we believe independent filmmaking is the true way of practicing art through filmmaking medium. The studio system is a money generating system, it does not allow experimentation as it always tends to follow the already established monetary model.
So we believe independent filmmaking is the future of filmmaking.
After two consecutive very successful years, we are back with our 2019 edition.
This year we are looking for fictions, documentary, animation, VR films, video arts, short films and full-length films. Every selected submission will be eligible for "Vintage Camera Award" which will be presented at the conclusion of the festival.
The event will be happening at the "Niranjan Sadan". The home of arthouse films. The filmmakers and cinephiles will experience eventful two days. There will be coffee table discussions, Meet the media sessions and post-screening discussion sessions along with dinner parties.
Manabendra Das (Festival Registrar); Manabendra Das (Festival Registrar)
RULES AND TERMS
Short documentaries and fictions are preferably under 30 min long but not longer than 45 min.
Feature films are 60 min and up.
International films are very welcome to compete in the Best Features and Best Short category.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREMIERE STATUS:
ArtHouse Asia does not demand an international or national premiere requirement.
We accept any films completed after 1st January 2016.
Please submit subtitles on all work except English spoken films.
WORK IN PROGRESS OR ROUGH CUTS are not eligible.
All films are viewed by the festival programmers and/or the jury. Each film is viewed a minimum of two times, rated, and will move on to the next stage based off of those ratings. Our programmers and jury will make final decisions and notify filmmakers accordingly.
All decisions are final and feedback for individual films is not available.
FESTIVAL SCREENING FORMAT:
All films will screen at the festival in DCP or BLU-Ray or DVD at the Niranjan Sadan. We will nominate according to categories listed above and select the winning film in each category in the official selection. Winner is entitled to use to laurels on poster and all marketing material.
For officially selected films, only transport costs between screening locations during the Festival are covered by the ArtHouse Asia. This does not include screenings organized by the producer or rights owner of a film. In a case of loss or damage to a print, the ArtHouse Asia will not reimburse any amount.
-ArtHouse Asia reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
- Films selected may not be withdrawn from the festival program after its registration.
- All submission fees are non-refundable. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
- The festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
- Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the right to screen and not to screen the winning films.
- Only producers, directors, and main actors/actress can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony. Regardless of their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony, will only receive laurels. We reserve the right to decide which nominated films that will be a part of the screening of 2017 based on the quality of their showcase Blu-Ray or DCP or DVD as well as program scheduling. Winners will be announced online and in press. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
CHANGES AND ALTERATIONS:
The festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
The duration of this agreement shall commence as of the date of submission by Owner and terminate at the close of the current year's festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Digital online submission screeners only.