CLOSED FOR THE SEASON • Information may be outdated. Add this
event to your Watch List and set a Remind-Me if you want to be notified
when the next Call For Entries is posted.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
Spotlighting the diversity of the LGBTQ community, Outfest Fusion highlights films and offers classes and seminars on filmmaking to ensure all voices are represented in our community.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Outfest is a Los Angeles-based nonprofit arts organization dedicated to creating, sharing, and protecting lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and genderqueer media.
The Outfest Fusion Film Festival was born in 2004 out of a grassroots movement by Outfest alumni filmmakers to promote social change through the power of film. Since then, Fusion has continued to bring the city's multicultural communities together to celebrate LGBTQ people of color and provide a platform to amplify our voices. Every year at Fusion the under-represented QPOC community is able to see themselves represented on the big screen.
Fusion includes a film festival, filmmaking workshops and masterclasses, a one minute movie contest, and inFusion, a day of networking for LGBT filmmakers of color to spend the day on the NBCUniversal studio lot with entertainment industry professionals.
Lucy Mukerjee (Director of Programming); Programming Department; Programming Intern
• Films should be of interest to people of color and the queer communities. We are seeking narrative, documentary, experimental, and animated films (both features and shorts) in 35mm, 16mm, or DCP (Upon acceptance, Outfest will provide projection options for the venue in which the film will screen. IF THE FILMMAKER CANNOT PROVIDE THE CORRECT PROJECTION FORMAT, THE FILM WILL NOT BE SCREENED.)
• Outfest only accepts online screeners to be uploaded to Withoutabox for preview screening.
• Rough cuts and works-in-progress are eligible for submission if an exhibition print will be available by February 1st, 2019. Please label the screener “Rough Cut” and specify what is missing (i.e. temp sound, needs color correction, etc).
• By submitting your work to Outfest, you grant to Outfest a non-exclusive license to use an excerpt of your submission screener of up to two minutes in length, for promotional purposes only.
• Still photos from your work are requested with your submission and are required for all films selected for the festival. Good stills make a difference in film placement and press coverage, particularly for shorts. Even the shortest short can get press coverage or festival prominence with a captivating still.
• You are also encouraged to enclose a synopsis, production credits, and press information regarding your film.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read and agree to the festival submission and participation requirements and certify that I am authorized to submit this film to Outfest Fusion. I understand that, in the event this work is selected for the festival, we will retain the back-up copy at the UCLA Film & Television Archive as part of Outfest UCLA Legacy Project. I hold Outfest harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film.